Top foods to keep your hunger at bay.
1. Eggs are a perfect combo of protein and fat. Research shows that overweight people who ate eggs for breakfast took longer to get hungry then ones that didn't. They had low levels of ghrelin which is a appetite stimulating hormone which tells the body to eat and high levels of PPY which is a hormone which helps the stomach feel full. Eggs are so versatile, you can boil them scramble them...
2. Water There are lots of reasons to raise your glass for water. H2O is critical for keeping organs, joints, tissues and the digestive system functioning well, but it can also curb hunger. A study showed that participants who drank two cups of water before a meal ate 75 – 90 fewer calories than people who drank no water at all.
3. Greek Yogurt is rich in calcium and low in sugar and high in protein. Protein helps you body feel full for longer.
4. Soups. Have a high water content which makes you feel full for longer. It is good for colder months when your body craves for something hearty. It is also heaps versatile you can add whatever ingredients you enjoy- ie chicken, veggies ect
5. Avocado goes really nice chopped up in salads or mashed and spread over rye or wholemeal toast. They are a natural source of healthy monounsaturated fats and also helps you feeling fuller for longer.
6.Legumes. A serving of beans, lentils, chickpeas or even peanuts delivers the right feel-full combo of lean protein, complex carbs and good fats. You can make a nice stir fry, or a spicy curry.
7. Cayenne Pepper is a proven appetite suppressant. Researchers found that people who added half a teaspoon of the red pepper to a meal ate 60 fewer calories at their next meal. Sprinkling half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper over some food can cause your body to burn an extra 10 calories.
8. Almonds have the most fiber per serving then other nuts which help you to keep full for longer. About 15 almonds is the suggested serving between meals.